Potato Salad w/Mayo & Yogurt
- 2 lbs. potatoes (5 to 6 medium), peeled and cut into slices when cooled to warm
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup very small diced carrot
- 1/4 cu minced white onion, or red onion or green onion and dill pickle
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- salt, sugar, rice wine vinegar
- about 2 tablespoons fresh dill minced
- Cover potatoes with water in 4-quart saucepot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes tender (see note* above). Drain and cool slightly.
- In the mean times put ingredients 1-8 into a large bowl. Mix. Add 1 teaspoon of each in #9. Stir and let sit 5 minutes. Taste mixture, you should taste salt, sugar, sour: the taste should seem overly strong. Add fresh dill. Add sliced potatoes and fold in keeping the potatoes as whole as possible. The potatoes should be liberally dressed. Set aside or chill 2 hours.
- Remove before serving. Fold again and taste for salt, sweet and sour. Eat with grill meats, fish, sausage.
- This dressing may also be used for cole slaw, or any manner of shredded raw vegetable.